I thought that I’d start off with a goodie. So in the near future there will be more posts but these will be reviews on things that you want me to do, for example, I am doing them on family tree builders. If you have any recommendations on what I should review please Tweet them to me @DanielGenealogy or DM them to me on Instagram: @daniels_genealogy. Now that that’s out of the way let’s get into it!
Okay so what can I tell you about Family Echo? It was founded by a businessman named Gideon Greenspan. It is simplistic but has plenty of functionalities. It is flexible in the sense that you share it with whom you want to, otherwise it’s private for your eyes only. How great is that?
Some things that Family Echo can do is:
- Easily show connections to people in your tree
- Can navigate easily if you have a big tree (like myself!)
- Share a link to family via email to collaborate with so they can fill in any missing details for you
- Gives you plenty of opportunities to add as much information as you can
- Allows you to export your tree to file types such as .ged (GEDCOM) & .txt (Plain Text)
- Allows you to view Parents, Children & others up to 15 generations at once
- Previews different details on your person’s profile (e.g. DOB, DOD, life dates, photos)
- Allows you to attach a photo to that person’s profile
- It is simplistic so it doesn’t bombard you with loads of options
- It has a handy help forum which you can ask questions on (something that I do help on)
- Smooth and fast loading
Some things it doesn’t do:
- It doesn’t allow you to add adopted parents
- It doesn’t tell you the relation to the selected person in the tree (a quality that FindMyPast has but I’ll go into that in another post!)
- Not really best on mobile devices but has since been changed with the introduction of the search bar at the bottom right
- Doesn’t have family name discussion forums/discussion forums in general
Overall, this family tree builder is definitely one of my favourites. Hope this review helped answer some questions. Any comments, Tweet them, DM me or leave a comment below. If you want to give this family tree builder a go, click on the logo at the start of the review and it will take you there directly. Stay tuned for more!